02/2014 till present
Connected Devices Manager, Vodafone Group
Lead international teams in a very dynamic environment aiming at achieving Vodafone strategy to grow rapidly in the internet service providing field
• Managing complete life cycle of high end branded products
• Branding mid and low end off-the-shelf products for Vodafone international markets
• Product Manager for A/V/xDSL, FTTH and LTE CPEs in Home & Enterprise Broadband sector following a variety of tailored delivery methodology for both hardware and software
• Assure smooth and clear communication between projects’ stakeholders including Marketing, engineering and Testing teams, team size range between 12-20 according to each project needs
• Manage the product introduction stage including planning, development, testing and rollout followed by major features/ maintenance releases
• Assist in building Vodafone CPEs catalogue portfolio and in extending Vodafone footprint in order to achieve the strategic goal to be an innovative leader in the international market
08/2013 – 02/2014
Project Manager, Telefonica Germany
In alignment with the “All-IP” strategy of Telefonica Germany, my role is to establish a program consists of four projects to perform platform and Carriers’ migration from legacy TDM to IP technology
• Responsible for defining and setting up an overall organization and leading a team consists of 9 core and 17 extended members sizes..
• Planning, implementation and rollout of subprojects.
• Introduction of a new routing platform due to the end of support of the old one.
• Migration of as much carrier interfaces as possible from TDM to SIP.
• Implement an NGN Interconnection with DTAG in order to migrate the TDM traffic to SIP.
05/2010 – 04/2011
Operations Services Manager for STC, BMC Limited
Saudi Telecom required a managed service of a Fault Management Team delivering 24x7 Services covering Wholesale Broadband, IGW and SaudiNet services
• Leading 1st level support (24/7) according to agreed SLA.
• Capacity and availability management for IP MPLS and IGW networks.
• Achieving agreed deliverables including team hiring activities and provide all the needed resources such as spare parts and testing equipment.
• Leading a team consists of 23 engineers.
• Provide technical support to other departments in STC in relation to the core network.
• The team delivered the required service successfully for the whole contract duration (one year) and have been awarded a contract renewal.
12/2009 – 04/2010
Project Manager for STC, BMC Limited
Provide STC (Saudi Telecom Company) the conversion and replacement TSP firewalls to McAfee Sidewinder firewalls.
• Plan and manage the Proof of Concept phase
• Manage procurement of professional services and the hardware.
• Fine planning of the roll-out phase
• Coordination of installation activities
• Control and tracking of project risks
• Resources Management
• Reporting and project closing (e.g. COC - certificate of completion and FAC - Final Acceptance Certificate)
• 56 sites Migration within the planned time and gained full customer satisfaction
10/2008 – 11/2009
Project Manager for Atheeb (GO), BMC Limited
As a new established company and as a third internet provider in Saudi Arabia, Atheeb awarded BMC a turnkey project to build up its Internet Service Provider platform with the scope of 650k customers to be served concurrently.
• Build up Internet network architecture in Riayadh and Jeddha over IP MPLS network which includes providing the physical and logical design plus the configuration and network & systems integration.
• Build up one Internet services node (Riayadh) including the following sub-list of deliverables:
o Services Nodes Network architecture
o Services Nodes Applications servers and Systems like email, DNS, Hosting…… etc
o Internet Services and Applications
o Firewall and security Systems
o Caching, Filtering
o Network Management Systems including integration with Atheeb OSS/BSS layer.
• Solution design and team assignment ( 7 core team members and 23 extended)
• Procuring Project Hardware and Software (Juniper/Foundry/Secure Computing/HP/Dell)
• Established reports on expenditures incurred on projects.
• Managed all issues arising in project’s sites on an everyday basis.
• Testing and Commissioning.
• Project Documentation, Training and Handover
In reward to team overachievement Atheeb awarded BMC two years of Post Implementation Support
Team Leader/Senior Network Engineer, TE Data
Leading IP-VPN connectivity projects using L3 MPLS VPN technology with any transmission speed, also provide Layer 2 over MPLS point-to-point connectivity for several media encapsulations, including Ethernet, Frame Relay, and ATM.
• In charge of small to mid-size projects of supplying services to enterprise customers.
• Leading the Enterprise Wireless solutions Sector.
• End-to-end solution design and implementation.
• Dealing with broad range of technologies and platforms such as routing and switching protocols, IP MPLS networks, DSLAMs, wireless links, CPEs, etc…
• Manage, coordinate and supervise technicians’ team in all aspects related to renting, connecting, testing and maintaining leased lines.
• Provide 2nd level support.
• Report periodically on the ongoing projects status.
• Assisting the sales and providing pre-sales consultancy.
06/2004 – 01/2006
Project Implementation Manager/Field Eng., LDN
Leading the project of deploying Alcatel DSLAMs into LINKdotNET Egyptian access network. The main goal of the project was to provide the xDSL services to 24 new locations to extend the footprint of LDN in Egyptian market, also to migrate from legacy Zhone to Alcatel ASAM 72xx in 17 locations for service efficiency and capacity improvements purposes.
• Responsible of project planning, implementation and rollout according to predefined target.
• Maintain project budget and timelines.
• Acquired experience in variety of transmission technologies and uplinks such as E1, DS3 and STM1 as well as many layer 2 (Telindus, Paradyne, PairGain, etc…) and layer three (Cisco, Juniper, extreme …) platforms.
• Leading a variable team member consists of two engineers and four technicians.
• Project has been successfully achieved over two phases within about 90% of the planned budget.
07/2002 – 05/2004
Networks Eng., GAEB
Supervise three projects of network backbone extension in different educational cities’ campuses and implement layer 2 VPN connectivity to headquarter.
• Maintain project budget and timelines.
• Inspected equipment and services provided by external vendors and ensured its standards according to required specifications.
• Coordinated with vendors and installed, performed troubleshoot and resolved all problems.
• Trained subordinates in usage of test equipment and monitored results.