Head of Enterprise Architecture Department
FE Credit (VP Bank)
* In this role, I am heading the EA Department at the Company where I am overlooking 'As Is
Architecture' on premises, and 'To Be Architecture' on AWS Cloud.
* Creating the knowledge base of:
* Business Capability Architecture, Application Landscape & Functional Landscape
* Loan Origination System (PEGA) with journeys, Collection System (PEGA), Digital Lending
System (ROBO), Loan Management System (Finacle), Card Management System (Vision +)
* Conceptual data model, logical data model, etc.
* Finding gaps in existing Customer Information File (CIF) and methods to improve / enrich it and
finding a better MDM solution to enrich CIF function.
* Supporting the major project of PAAS involving PEGA LOS, PEGA COLL, PEGA CSM, FINACLE LMS, and
OMNIDOCS to AWS cloud.
* Designed the Decision Engine Architecture involving the Data Aggregation at two different layers
in Loan Origination System at PEGA LOS and at ESB Layer.
* In this role, I was involved in coaching and mentoring cybersecurity individuals to provide
guidance, promoting continued integration of technological advances to further enhance security.
* Collaborated with director, managers, project managers, architects, and other technical leads to
ensure continuity and communication across teams
* Collaborated with, and offered suggestions to, director, managers, and other technical personnel
to ensure mitigation of risks to the IT infrastructure and the company.
* Worked with business owners, analysts, development teams and infrastructure services to
communicate application and data architectures.
Group Director- Information Technology
Crown Group of Companies
* Worked as a Group Director IT, by overseeing a team of 18 employees including three Senior
Managers of the IT team. As part of the leadership role, I prepared IT (SIA) Strategy into Action
for the year 2018 and cross-matrix as well with other departments for dependency in lieu of
organogram to achieve business goals. Further, I prepared and got approval for IT Budget amounting
to PKR 265million. My responsibilities included the following:
* Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for enabling efficient and cost-effective
* Establish and promote the implementation of overall IT department vision, mission and goals
* Create future vision architecture to expedite delivery of new products and services to market
while meeting company's cost and risk reduction objectives.
* Outline current and future vision enterprise architecture, including traceability from business
and IT strategies to suggested technologies.
* Produced necessary changes in Network Infrastructure to ensure stable, resilient and secure
* Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation,
and disciplinary actions
* Develop and maintain a budget for IT group, as well as IT-related spending within project teams
* Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's
executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities
* Supervise and mentor personnel, conducting annual reviews, weekly face-to-face meetings, and
other activities designed to ensure a smooth workflow
* Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsource, and consultant contracts and
* Manage the in-house ERP development in Dot net framework, with language C #, along with
Database on MS SQL Server.
Head of Servers, Storage & Data Centre
Habib Bank Limited
* Worked along with Enterprise Architecture team in consolidating detailed Data Centers' inventory
for mapping to Application Architecture.
* Coordinated with architects and business experts across IS to translate key strategic objectives
into actionable and governable roadmaps and designs.
* Analyzed business and technology challenges, assessed costs, and suggested solutions
* Supported the development of Enterprise Architecture best practices, standards and frameworks
Assistant Director Infrastructure
* Worked as an Assistant Director Infrastructure where I was responsible for the entire project
lifecycle, from assessment, strategy and design, to implementation and operational services for IT
infrastructure projects. This includes business development, requirement analysis of the client,
designing IT infrastructure, client presentation, project deployment and ultimately project
handover to the client. During this process, I also deal with various vendors (for pricing and
delivery of products as per requirement) and work closely with the team members and top
* Key responsibilities include:
* Signing of NDAs with various vendors and sub-contractors
* Data Centre Consultancy / Design
* Data Centre Turnkey Solutions
* Structured Cabling
* Network Solutions of Extreme Products
* Surveillance Solutions
* Deployed Pakistan's 1st Mini Data Centre for a university, having 24kW (7 Ton) In row cooling,
5KW UPS, NOVEC 1230 fire suppression and detection system along with DCIM
* Delivered complete IT & AV Infrastructure for 15 out of 300 schools of ADEC under DD & Etisalat
Management where I was responsible for setting up the mock up room (racks and equipment for
active, passive and power streams), liaising with subcontractors' project managers to evaluate
deliverables and to make sure that implementation meets the customer requirements while
maintaining high level of quality. I worked closely with different project managers involved in
the project and managed communication with third parties acting on behalf of the client.
* Delivered a Data Centre Project (designed on a Tier II dual electrical delivery path for improved
availability) with a budget of PKR 30Mn for Pakistan's first commercial bank HBL (Habib Bank
Limited) as a Data Center Consultant & Project Manager. Being the Data Center Consultant & Project
Manager, I was responsible to deliver turnkey solution for the project including complete
planning, designing, staging, procurement, coordination/ communication with client, as well as
* In the role of Data Center Consultant, designed data centers for various clients
* Submitted proposal for Pakistan's first Technology Park for NUST (National University of Science
& Technology) with the help of a large construction firm AAA Associates.
* As an IT Infrastructure & Surveillance Consultant, deployed complete Surveillance System for a
client in the cement industry along with complete passive IT Infrastructure covering 3km area
* Deployed passive infrastructure for a client and proposed IP based Surveillance System for the
IT Operations & Program Manager
Barclays Bank Plc
* Completed 2 out of 9 Flagship Branches Projects in the world on IT Infrastructure Setup
* Worked as a Project Manager at Barclays First Flagship Branch in Middle East at the heart of UAE
Capital Abu Dhabi, Aljazeera Branch, which includes:
* Composition of IT Infrastructure to support Mass and Premier banking, along with corporate
office, Business continuity site and staff training Facility within the same premises.
* Worked as a Project Manager for Barclays Head Office buildings, in Burj Square, UAE.
* Managed and successfully delivered the project of total £18m within 8 months and delivered before
time. Key deliverables include:
* Composition of State-of-the-art IT and Unified Communications (AV) facility in Branch for Mass
Banking and Premier banking having Large Customer lounges, conference rooms, Children Area and
Branch staff meeting rooms.
* Execution of Emerging market head office, UAE H.O, Wealth Management and Treasury with IT
Facilities and Audiovisuals edge in Board Rooms, Executive Offices, Receptions, Video Conf.
Rooms, small meeting rooms.
* Tier3 Data Center designed with capacity of 36 Knuer racks and overall facility having Krone &
Corning cabling deployed and certified for the Data Center controls.
* Complete Network Infrastructures of Cisco and Voice Infra of Nortel CS1000E IP telephony & Myna
Voice Rec facility along with producing storage design with GSP.
* Completed following major projects:
* EMV, PCI DSS compliance project for all ATMs / CDMs with Euronet channel partner via deploying
* Tested ATM monitoring i-Watch (NCR) for Self-service Terminals
* Data Centers & Storage Solutions reviews along with Virtualization Project on VMware & NetApp
IT Manager Projects & Operations
* Worked as an IT Project Manager along with Managing IT Operations for Citibank, Pakistan
* Led the Project of Distribution Expansion of Branches and ATM in Pakistan, which covers the
record in Citibank N.A. history, by opening 8 Branches (Consumer / Corporate) in just seven
* On the ATM Area, Opening of Major SSC (Sales & Service Centre) along with standalone ATM, a total
of 36 ATMs in just ten Months tenure, which is also a record in Citibank History
* Led IT Operations BAU improvement in collaboration across organizational teams
* Streamlined Vendors for BAU support, engaged employees, and minimized the downtime and user
suffering by adoption of fast methodology of problem resolution. Developed and implemented
performance metrics for executive reporting & SLAs.
* Acted as a Key Player in Process Improvement Teams, like Credit Card Payment via Cheque/ Cash,
Cards Statement, ATM Monitoring
IT Manager/ IT Consultant
Duck Trading FZCO
* Worked as IT Manager for Group of Companies under Duck Trading Umbrella along with providing
consultancy to clients inside Jebel Ali Free Zone, which covers as a total IT Turnkey Solution
IT Consultant / Technical Analyst
* Provided consultancy to various companies in Jebel Ali Free Zone having strong background of
running infrastructure on a company's architecture ranging from SMEs to Enterprises
* Managed and delivered hands-on projects like Wireless LAN and various installation of Network
Infrastructure from Core Networking starting from Cabling, towards Server build and the client
configurations, having the backup strategies according to the environment and getting the
companies equipped with the necessary security measures for vulnerabilities and disaster recovery
of their existing environment.
IT Project Coordinator
Standard Chartered Bank
* Worked as a Project Coordinator /Engineer as well as an ATM / Communication Engineer in Standard
Chartered Bank, Karachi for Information Exchange Project, in Integrating Grindlays Bank with
Standard Chartered Bank as Project Engineer
* Planned and deployed the Data Backup Strategy, Disaster Recovery, IT Security along with Anti -
Virus Policy. Merging of Grindlays ATM Network with SCB ATM Network and POS Network Installation.
Deployed Pakistan's first Drive Thru ATM, Cash Deposit Machine and Cheque Processing Machine
ITSC Support Staff Trainer
Standard Chartered Bank
* Delivered training to Support Staff in ITSC East Standard Chartered Bank, Kuala Lumpur
* Participated in transition mode RSD for Pakistan. During this period, gave training to all three
levels/ tiers of support staff and imparted first hand technical support along with critical
analysis of problems
Network Support Engineer
Standard Chartered Bank
* Worked in Electronic Basic Banking System Project, in migrating ATM Back-end Application
(Sparrow) connectivity from Basic Banking System (BBS) from SNA - Host Front to Electronic Basic
Banking System of LINUX-WEBSPHERE-DB2
* Active supported multiple master domain structure designed for LDAP base e-mail (Lotus Notes) /
domain authentication with various other engineers from Dubai